Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Eliminating Poverty


If I could make a law my law would to be take care of this country first and to have no poverty. Under this law many things would change not just one. I would make it so that minimum wage was actually changed into a living wage. So that people would not have to worry about struggling. I would make it so that everyone could live comfortably. I know there would still be differences in classes but at least there would be no lower income class. I would create more programs for children after school so that they wouldn’t have to come home to an empty house. I would also make car dealer ships have certain cars for sale for an affordable price. So people who live in areas were its hard to find transportation will have a reliable way of getting around. I would also create more affordable housing under this no poverty law. These homes would be nice and have expectations to keep them that way. The inner city schools would get more funding so the outcome of kids graduating and becoming more successful in life would be higher. I believe Americans deserve a chance at a nice life. By creating this law hopefully that goal would be accomplished.

2 comments:

smiley said...

I would vote for this law. I think it is important to do something about poverty. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there that helps out those in need, so having a law that enforces all that was mentioned would probably help a lot. It would be extremely hard to eliminate poverty completely, which seems to be the intent of the law. Even though the law might not have the expected outcome, I'd still vote for it because it will still make some difference. There should be more laws that make it easier for the less fortunate. I wouldn't break this law if it passed. I'd support it entirely.

About21ninjas said...

i would vote for this law to be passed in a heartbeat. having help and worked with people in poverty, i have come to understand their hardships. there is not enough being done about such a serious issue. i think that is is also smart to raise the minimum wage. i can feel taht you really and truly care about this subject. good job, it is a good law to have passed.