Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Very Peaceful and Pretty

Being in San Diego is one of the best spots in town that you could be at. Not only is the weather nice but the view is gorgeous. This picture was taken on the deck of a dorm at the University of San Diego. When I was there I really didn’t want to leave. The air smelled of fresh leaves and pine trees. It was so quiet and peaceful, you could hear birds and different creatures making there different sounds. The view was amazing. You could see for miles and miles and never get tired of looking for something different. The scenery right in front of you was even prettier then most places I had been that day. As you can see the trees leaves are purple. The purple trees were surrounded by different types of green trees. This made it all the more interesting. In Minnesota you hardly ever see trees with purple leaves like this unless its fall and still it’s very rare. This view made me happy and I wanted to experience more of San Diego because of this one view. Imagine waking up everyday to this view. Wouldn’t that be great? I know I would love it. This is one of the many reasons why I am applying for the University of San Diego in the fall!

2 comments:

cjokinen77 said...

Cool picture, that is a pretty view. You describe it well, for example: "The air smelled of fresh leaves and pine trees." I liked this because I can actually imagining smelling the pine trees, which is good. One thing I didn't like was how you used the word "different" too much. For example: "...you could hear birds and different creatures making there different sounds" and also when you said, "...never get tired of looking for something different" and there were a couple other times too. I think if you changed up your word choice a little it would make this better.

About21ninjas said...

i thought that you did an awesome job discribing the beauty captured in your picture. you really seemed to be interested in your picture. i like how you sort of compared california to minnesota. i liked how you used sensory details to discribe how the air smelled. i didnt like some of your word choice,i thought that you could have found some new words to really make your disription POP!!